Thursday, May 6, 2010

Earnestly Seeking Him

Scripture:
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. [Heb: 11: 6]

Devotional:
The key words in our text today are “earnestly seek him.” Sometimes I will set a goal during my prayer time to stay and pray longer. When I have the thought to stop praying and go do something else, I will commit to stay and pray even longer. Then when the thought comes again, I will stay even longer. Earnestly, seriously, and diligently I keep praying and seeking God. Often, something very special happens when I do this, I enter into that place where the love of God begins to overwhelm me. At times, tears will stream down my face as I am being touched in a personal way by God. During these times I begin to realize that my thoughts and prayers are directed in a different way, I become so aware of God being present, at that moment my prayers begin to get filled with faith! Consider setting a goal today to stay in prayer a little longer, earnestly seeking God until he is found. Perhaps you could set a goal to try this every day for a week or even a month, what about for a life time? Our verse says he “rewardsthose who earnestly seek him.

(Courtesy: http://www.prayerforyouth.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment